12 January 2010

in the need for space

.. In the context of our collaboration of “where life has no value…” where we unlike to the idea of cooperativa performativa agreed on coming up with a conjoint mutual “product” (as an expression), I feel an ideology imposed on me during our process.

I do not want to claim the right from my collaborator to have my needs respected but want this to arrive naturally from a will to understand and respect the other.
If I begin to feel that the choices in a shared process made by the other are taken in complete ignorance of my own needs I begin to feel unfree and need to distant myself from the process.

The most positive intention annihilates itself if imposed as something absolute.

Even if overwhelmed by the direction the project has and is taken, which has encouraged me to take certain decisions, I do not want abandon the process of constant ideological and intellectual friction which I believe brings up new questions and concerns of the “individual” opposed to the “ together”.
I want to remain open for learning out of this shared process (what does it mean to actually share an artistic process with the other?) and to question my own ideologies;
Coexistent to that to acknowledge my very own ideas and visions that in the end are the ones that have brought me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment